I BUILT SOMETHING!! (Sort of ...)

Post and discuss "Off Topic" things here...

Moderator: Moderators

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

I BUILT SOMETHING!! (Sort of ...)

#1 Post by bucketfoot-al »

Been too busy with life the past 2 months to do any modeling ... til this weekend, when my modeling skills were put to good use ...

Background: April 20 we got hit by hurricane-force winds, thunderstorms, hail - you name it. (Will be getting a new roof as a result of the damage, but I can't repair THAT) ... however, the wind also took down two sections of our fence and a big tree branch ... my wife and her son took care of sawing down the branch into manageable parts ... I took care of the fence ...

... a metal bracket from Lowe's took care of the broken cross-beam, a garbage piece of free wood from Lowe's (with help from Gorilla Glue) took care of the top fence pieces that were broken when it hit the tree, and 3-inch deck screws secured the 2 fence sections back to the posts ... I took out two of my hobby electric drills - one had the requisite drill bit for the holes, the other had a screwdriver attachment bit - so no wasted time switching them out :wink: ... a couple of (also free at Lowes) 2x4s were used to prop the fence up during attachment ... and *VOILA* (Oh yeah, I also painted the bracket and the "wood patch" so you can't see them from the other side of our neighbors yard ... she called me "the best neighbor ever" ... I guess she preferred my work to having to pay a handyman ... :D ... Karma points, added!! :lol: ) Here's some pics ...

Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett
tay666
Site Admin

Re: I BUILT SOMETHING!! (Sort of ...)

#2 Post by tay666 »

Nice job!
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths
bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#3 Post by bucketfoot-al »

tay666 wrote:Nice job!
Thanks Trev! (Though I'm feeling a bit of muscle soreness today around the mid-section ... not as young as I used to be I'm afraid ... :mrgreen: )
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett
Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#4 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Great (and fast!) work Vlad =D> =D> =D>

Must be nice to have good neighbours like yourself - several of ours are pompous, selfish, full of spite, and borderline sociopathic (I should probably remove the word "borderline :) ). Some folks just think money makes them special :roll:

When we came to Canada, we initially thought that it didn't suffer from the "class systems" or "yobbo attitude" so prevalent in some areas of the UK . . . it took us a couple of years to gradually realise how wrong we were :lol:

Sorry to hear about the damage, but pleased to see you are well on the way to getting it all fixed :thumb2:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image
Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#5 Post by Tim Fortuna »

Looks great Vlad.
And yes Spike, dip $ # ! + $ are universal.
“If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can’t it get us out?”