What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Moebius Jupiter II Question

HARDWARE MODELING! With a focus on Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Concept Vehicle and Hardware subjects, including props, robots and automata

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Stormheart
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Moebius Jupiter II Question

#1 Post by Stormheart »

I have a Moebius Jupiter II kit that I'm hoping to begin work on sometime later this summer. I'm seeking input from builders that have already built one about what "after market add-ons" are worth the purchase price? For example, I haven't purchased a lighting kit for it yet and I'm wondering if the official lighting kit from Moebius is the way to go, or should I go with some combination of the other lighting options that are out there? Is one easier to install, or does one look (or work) better than the other? I don't mind spending a few extra bucks for a nice finished piece, but it doesn't have to be museum quality to meet my needs. Right now I'm just looking for ideas about the best way to proceed from people that have been where I'm at now. I know a lot will depend on how much time and money I ultimately want to spend on building it.

One other question, how close in scale is the Johnny Lightning B9 robot, from the blister pack, to my Moebius J-II kit which is 1/35 scale I believe?
"So cry 'Crivens' and let loose the clan Mac Feegle!" - Tiffany Aching