washing the pieces, I went about
the usual dry fitting and pinning
process, no dramas here either, each
piece sat well and surfaces matched up
perfect. I pinned the head and hands
but left them off for ease of painting,
once painted they simply slotted into
the pre-drilled holes. No putty required
as the joins were hidden up the sleeves
and inside the collar. Again only minor
puttying was required on the other
leg/arms joints and once dried and
sanded he was ready for painting.
started with a few coats of
White auto primer on all the parts (remember the
head and hands were kept separate).
The flesh areas were
base coated with
Tamiya Flat Flesh/White mix,
then various shades of pastels were used for
shading and sealed. His hair was base coated in
Burnt Umber and drybrushed with different shades
of Caramel Brown for highlights. Sun glasses are
Gloss Black, the ear piece and wire were made up
from fine fuse wire wrapped around a tooth pick
to get the coil, and Milliput used for the ear
piece, then painted Khaki.
hands were painted using the same method as the head,
the hand gun is basecoated Flat Black and drybrushed
Horizon Steel for a metallic finish.
suit was a slight problem, I’d watched the
movies several times and noticed it had a slight
Green tinge to it. With this in mind I hit the
Hobby shop where I found an unusual colour
called Wrought Iron. The first few coats had me
worried, but after a few more the colour
deepened to a nice Black/Green.
The shirt is plain White shaded with light Grey
pastels, tie is Black drybrushed with Codex Grey
and the tie pin is Citadel Chainmail.
were painted Gloss Black, soles and laces Flat
Black again drybrushed lightly with the same
to Mike Baldwin (MikeyB) for sculpting and producing what is a
very dynamic kit that went together like a dream…….Well done